Sprucing Up Some Ordinary Chairs


Hope you all had a great weekend!

Today I want to show you 2 chairs in our house that I gave a little facelift to.  The first one is VERY old, and belonged to my husband's great grandfather!  When we got it, it looked like this....
Not a good picture, I know!  It was taken from my cell phone a few years ago.  I loved it and wanted to keep it, not only because of the family history but because of its unique curves and lines.  

I took it to an upholster in town and had it recovered with some very cheap cotton duck fabric from Hobby Lobby.  One day I would love to learn how to re-upholster furniture but right now I don't have the time.  I've been looking at several tutorials on Pinterest and it seems easy.  Anyways, the upholster did a great job but the chair still looked a little dated because of the dark wood legs.  So, I painted them with Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint in CoCo  and that gave it the look I was going for...


After seeing the transformation of this chair with chalk painted legs, I decided to paint the legs of our dining room chairs too...
These chairs are from World Market.  I put them in front of the fireplace so you could see them both together but they are usually at each end of our dining room table.


The legs were originally an in between/medium shade of dark wood that didn't match the table or anything in our house.  (The table was made by my husband out of sinker cypress reclaimed wood)










Here are some detail shots of both chair legs painted.




I hope to be back tomorrow with a very easy pendant light makeover!

Remember, when life hands you lemons, turn them into something lovely!
-Marci




Labels: , , , ,