Black & White Photo Christmas Ornaments

A few years ago I saw this idea to use black and white photographs as ornaments on one of my favorite blogs,  Dear Lillie.  You can read about the way she created her ornaments here.  I already had over 100 great black and white photos from our wedding just sitting in my proof books so, instead of printing more photos I just decided to use those.  All I had to do was tape each photograph to some  "Kraft Cardstock" from Hobby Lobby.  (the kind that looks like cardboard) and cut a border with the Kraft paper around each picture.  Then I punched a hole in the top of the border and attached each new ornament to the tree with a piece of raffia.  Here are some close ups of a few of the our ornaments....


our dog the first day we got her!

now she's all grown!




our wedding day



1 year anniversary in San Francisco


Add caption


I have had these DIY photo ornaments on our tree since 2011.  I add a few more to the tree each year.  I also write a small description on the back of each ornament and the date so we can look back every Christmas and remember special times from the years past.  This year I'm going to add a few of the baby!  You could even do this with your favorite Christmas cards.  

I'll be back later this week with some more Christmas decorating ideas!


Remember, when life hands you lemons, turn them into something lovely!
-Marci 

Labels: , , , ,