Gift Wrapping Ideas & DIY Wrapping Paper

Hello again!

I feel like an elf in Santa's workshop lately!  This year I've gone a little nuts with the gift wrapping because I simply couldn't decide what color scheme I was going to go with this year.  I LOVE using Kraft paper to wrap presents!  It's cheap, it's always available, its appropriate for any occasion, and it doesn't take away from the Christmas tree when your presents are sitting under there.  There is nothing more tacky looking than a beautiful Christmas tree with presents that scream out LOOK AT ME! HERE I AM!  So, this year I stuck to my traditional Kraft paper but tried a few different things to spruce it up.

First, I told myself, "just get it done and don't over do it".  So this is what I started with...
Simple Kraft paper wrapping from Dollar Tree, twine from Hobby Lobby, gold sprays from Hobby Lobby, and DIY stick on gift tags from Hobby Lobby drawn on with a gold leaf pen.  





Then I started digging through my ribbon and craft drawers and this is what happened...
I found a stencil at the bottom of one of my craft drawers left over from a project I did a few years ago where I stenciled the top of our old coffee table.  So, I used it and a gold leaf pen to make a pattern on the Kraft paper, and tah dah, I had my own custom wrapping paper in 2 minutes!  





I found these tags at Hobby Lobby yesterday accidentally!  They would be so easy to make yourself because they are just a piece of card stock with a slit cut into them so you can slide ribbon or string through for hanging, but they were only $1.99 for 20 so I splurged because I can use them for lots of other things after Christmas.  



 All of my packages are tied with twine and ribbon from Hobby Lobby (50% off).  I also added a gold glittered  "spray" to each package!  I found these at Hobby Lobby too for $1 and I could decorate 2 packages with 1 spray.

I hope you're having a great time preparing for the holidays!

Remember, when life hands you lemons, turn them into something lovely!
-Marci 



Labels: , , , , , , , ,