Fridge Coasters!

So I've been seeing a lot of advertisements for "Fridge Coasters" on some of my favorite blogs and I decided to give them a try!  I was planning on doing a major clean out of our fridge anyway to complete our kitchen makeover (will have a post about this soon with tons of pictures), and these Fridge Coasters were the perfect fix!  Here is a before picture of our refrigerator.  Don't judge!


Just to give you an idea of how disgusting our shelves were, I had to take every single shelf completely out, cover it with dish soap and spray it off with the sink hose, then disinfect it with Soluguard by Melaleuca.  The bottom shelf had a box of Caprisun SO stuck to it, the box ripped in half when I tried to pull it off and left one side of the cardboard completely stuck to the glass.  I had to then scrape off the leftover cardboard with a knife!  Gross!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soluguard by Melaleuca is my "go to" disinfectant cleaner!!!  It smells amazing and works GREAT! It kills 99.999% of E. coli, Influenza A, and Staph in 1 minute!  It also disinfects against Salmonella, Strep, MRSA, H1N1, Polivirus Type 1, Rhinovirus Type 37, and Rotavirus in 10 minutes!  It's active ingredients are all natural and organic Citric Acid and Thyme Oil.  It's seriously the most amazing line of cleaners I've ever used!!!  If you want or need more info on Melaleuca, email me at lemonstolovelys@gmail.com.


After I finished cleaning and sanitizing the shelves, the real fun began! 
Here is a picture of the Fridge Coasters when they arrived...


They came in a pizza box!  I thought they were going to be reusable/wipe off/plastic tray-type things but they aren't.  They are made of a special kind of cardboard that is designed to soak up spills and are to be used for 4-6 months and then disposed of and replaced.  At first, I was kind of bummed and thought about returning them but after thinking about it, having something to soak up spills is much better than having a tray that liquid would just run off of.  So I decided to keep them, and I'm SO glad I did!!!!








The Fridge Coasters website was really easy to navigate!  You can shop based on your refrigerator size and the site will direct you based on your needs.   They are available in several different colors and pattern choices.  I bought 4 of these large coasters in a pack for $9.  The color is "gray" and the pattern is called "quatrefoil".  

Part of my New Years resolution, along with the millions of others, is to be more organized.  Just looking at this fabulous pattern every time I open the fridge makes me want to keep it clean!!!

I'll be back soon with some more projects I'm SUPER excited about and a full house tour. 

Remember, when life hands you lemons, turn them into something lovely!
-Marci


Labels: , , , ,