Wicker Basket Makeover

I hope everyone had a great New Years!  I'm certainly ready for 2015 what about you?  Thank you to all of you who followed us in 2014 (even though we just started in September) 2015 will be even better!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I'm going to show you a wicker basket makeover project I did at the beginning of winter but didn't have time to post during the hustle and bustle of the holidays.  I got this brown wicker basket on clearance at Hobby Lobby a year or two ago for next to nothing....



I loved it because it was so deep and sturdy, and could hold a lot of stuff, but it's not too tall on the sides and can fit on most shelves.  I had it sitting on the top of our laundry room shelf for a year, holding a bunch of junk we didn't need.  So in my EXTREME nesting period during my pregnancy, I of course ended up with this empty basket.  It didn't really match the rest of my house but I thought it would be a great way to discretely store a bunch toys under the coffee table.  SO, I decided to paint it!  I grabbed my Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in French Linen and slapped on a very thin layer of paint and it was a totally new basket in a matter of minutes...



close up of the inside 


Now it looks like a grey wicker basket and you can't even tell it was painted!  

Here is a picture of the painted basket holding extra pillows and blankets by our fireplace...


If you try this project let me know!  Write a comment and attach your painted basket to this post!

I'll be back later in the week with some more of my favorite makeover projects.  

Remember, when life hands you lemons, turn them into something lovely!

-Marci
SOURCE LIST:

Labels: , , , , , , ,