Kitchen Table Makeover

Hello again!

     Today I wanted to share with you our Kitchen Table Makeover.  This table was my Grandparent's very first dinning room table!  Then it was my aunt and uncle's dinning room table, then it was our dinning room table, and now it is our kitchen table!  I have no idea where it came from or who made it but I do know that it's nothing fancy!  It has 2 leaves and 6 chairs but now that it is in our kitchen nook, I only keep 1 leaf in it and 4 chairs.  I can't find a picture of this table in its original state but just picture very light looking almost peach colored wood with a little white washing inside the trim details of the table and chairs.  Pretty back in the day, but a total lemon now!   
     I of course painted it as soon as we moved into our new house and it's been painted two or three more times since then.  I think I'm settled on the colors it is now.  The top is French Linen by Annie Sloan Chalk Paint with Dark Wax over it, the middle trim around the sides is Country Gray by Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, the legs are Paris Gray by Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, and the outline/detail around the trim is Liquid Leaf in Classic Gold.  The chairs are painted in Country Gray by Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and the detail lines on the legs of the chair are painted with CoCo by Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  The original fabric of the chairs was a cream and beige seersucker print.  I liked it but knew this was not practical for having a baby so it would need to be recovered in something darker to hide dirt and stains.  My mom helped me recover them in this leopard fabric we found on sale at Hobby Lobby.  I sealed the top of the table with 2 coats of Endurance Finish by CeCe Caldwell's Paint.   I am not very impressed with Endurance Finish as a sealer for the top of this table.  It does protect from scratches and nicks but when you set a drink on it, a ring appears almost immediately and then goes away an hour or so later.  I plan to seal it again with something more substantial.  But I love the way the colors look together and how the table turned out overall!  Here are a few pictures of our kitchen nook and a complete source list at the end....







close up of the table top with the dark wax finish

closeup of the table leg

Country Gray chairs with CoCo details

Gold leaf outlining the trim of the table legs



This wooden "vase" use to be a candle holder.  I thought it was perfect for holding flowers!  These flowers are fake stems of lily-of-the-valley that I purchased from Gordon's Home Decor.  




Here are some pictures of the light fixture above the table...








Well that's it for today.  I'll be back soon with some pictures of our kitchen makeover!
Remember, when life hands you lemons, turn them into something lovely!
-Marci 

SOURCE LIST:

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,