Hallway "Catch-All" Furniture Makeover

Good morning!

I hope you are having lovely Father's Day with the great men in your life.  

Today I have a quick post about an easy furniture makeover that I did recently in our back hallway.  We needed a sort of "catchall" in this area of our house for keys, sunglasses, hats, etc.  but due to the limited amount of space, it needed to be something very thin.  Ideally, I would love to have a house with a "stop and drop" or a mudroom with cubbies by the backdoor, but that will have to be down the road.  So instead, I painted a piece of furniture that my in laws were getting rid of.  This antique "bow front cabinet" just so happened to be the PERFECT size for this area of the house and exactly what we needed....  





I turned an old window into a key rack by adding these iron hooks to the bottom.
 The window is from Patina Interiors Consignment Store and the hooks are from Gordon's  
I painted the window with French Linen Chalk Paint by Annie Sloan. 
Both are sealed with Endurance Finish by CeCe Caldwell's.  
I painted the top of this furniture piece with French Linen by ASCP and the bottom with Young Kansas Wheat by CeCe Caldwell's.  

This wooden flower vase use to be a candle holder but I took the candles out and added these faux Lilly of the Valley flowers from Gordon's.  (also sold at Michael's) 

I chose these hooks because they are deep enough to hang hats, keys, and sunglass straps.  

I decided to keep the existing hardware because of how ornate the handles were!  They look like mini woven wreathes.  You just don't see hardware like this anymore. 


Well that's it for today. This entire project took me, maybe 2 hours.  
I love chalk paint!  It's just too easy.  I think my favorite color combo right now is Young Kansas Wheat and French Linen.  

Remember, when life hands you lemons, turn them into something lovely!
-Marci 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,