New Kitchen Barstools

Hello all,

I hope you're having a great start to your week!  

After a short trip to the beach and a sick toddler, I'm finally getting back to blogging again.  

Our son got sick on the last day of our beach trip so we came home early to get him to the doctor.  Turns out he had a double ear infection and a nasty upper respiratory virus that got all of us sick and kept us in the house for 3 days straight.  By the 4th day I was going nuts and had to get out!!!  So I loaded us up with a box of kleenex and hit the road.  I had no idea where I was going, I just needed to go somewhere other than the pharmacy and my couch.  A short drive later we ended up at Kirkland's!  

I haven't been to Kirkland's in probably 5 years or more so I did not have any expectations for this little venture.  BOY WAS I PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!!  Let me just tell you, from what I remember years ago, Kirkland's has really upped their game!  (IMO of course)  They had a great selection of furniture including good looking upholstered headboards, vanity pieces,  end tables, chairs, and barstools.  I was also impressed with their lamps and home decor items for kid's rooms.  AND EVERYTHING WAS ON SALE!!!  I started feeling better the instant I saw that SALE sign!


Anyways, so against everything I believe in, I put my son down to run around the store and burn some energy, when we literally ran into the find of the century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Real linen upholstered barstools with distressed legs for $64 a piece!!!!!!!!  (Originally $129.99) 

I was so excited my congested lungs couldn't take it.  

They were EXACTLY what I had been looking for and for 1/5 of the price of the ones I have been eyeing at a different home decor store!!! 

So I bought 3 of them...

wall color-Revere Pewter Benjamin Moore
trim color-builder's pick but similar to French Canvas Benjamin Moore
cabinet color-French Canvas Benjamin Moore
barstools-Kirkland's
If you missed the post about our Kitchen Makeover you can read about it here


I scotch guarded all 3 of the barstools with 2 bottles of Scotch Guard and it didn't change the color at all.  

 Ignore the UGLY decorative thing (I don't even know what to call it?) under the counter.  That's next on my list to replace!  It was here when we moved in.  (yuk!)



white pitcher-TJMAXX
flowers-Lilly of the Valley-Gordon's  

The pendant lights were here when we moved in but I switched out the shades on them for some small linen lampshades from Target .  It's hard to tell from this picture but the fabric on the lampshades looks identical to the fabric on the new barstools! 
After putting the barstools together, I could not be more pleased with them!  

Assembly was easy and they are very comfortable!!!  I still cannot believe they were only $64!!!

If you are not following Kirkland's on Instagram or Facebook, check them out!  

I'm certainly a follower now so I'll know when the next sale is!  

Well that's it for today!  I hope to be back this week with some pictures from my new craft room!  

Remember, when life hands you lemons, turn them into something lovely!
-Marci 

Labels: , , , ,