Thanksgiving 2015 Tablescape

Hello again!

I'm a little late in blogging about my Thanksgiving tablescape because I've been up to my elbows in painting cabinets!!!  Plus its been SO hot here, I found it hard to get motivated.  But, I finally pulled it together.  I hope you can find some inspiration!  I decided to use a lot of natural elements and greenery this year..

white large pumpkin-Hobby Lobby painted with Country Gray by ASCP
silver cake plate- Bed, Bath, & Beyond (wedding gift)
chalkboards-old frames I turned into chalkboards (see below for tutorial)
wicker chargers-Stone Creek Club & Spa gift shop (Royal Standard brand)
linen napskins & tablecloth- Pottery Barn
white plates-Pottery Barn
silver dipped feather-Hobby Lobby dipped in Silver Leaf (tutorial below)
pheasant feathers-Hobby Lobby
deer sheds- found in the woods
greenery & pine cones- cut from the woods
small white pumpkins- Dollar Tree painted with Country Gray by ASCP stems in CoCo by ASCP
silver goblets-Bed, Bath, & Beyond (wedding gift)





 I kept seeing these little green berries growing all over the Northshore and had to have some for my table! 


These little chalkboards use to be mirrors that I bought as a set of 3 from Paul Michael years ago!  They were red and I painted the frames with Country Gray by Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  To turn the mirror parts into chalkboards, I used Chalkboard Paint from Target (craft section) and wiped the glass down with alcohol and a cotton ball before applying....


 It was super easy!  Then I just set them up on my table!  Tada.....





I haven't decided what I'm going to do for place cards yet this year so for now I just placed a feather with a silver tip on each napkin....


 To make these I bought a pack of natural feathers from Hobby Lobby for $2.99 and dipped them into a small jar of Liquid Leaf in Silver (also from Hobby Lobby).  I only dipped them down in the paint about 1 inch.  (can you dip further if you prefer a larger painted area)  Make sure to allow the feather to finish dripping off all of the excess paint into the jar before moving it.  I set them to dry outside on some newspaper for about 10 minutes.  Quick and easy, and so not messy!







Can't wait for Turkey Day!!!  Gobble gobble!

I'll be back soon with my list of top Christmas gifts for 2015 and 2 bathroom makeovers I've been working on!  

Remember, when life hands you lemons, turn them into something lovely!
-Marci 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,