DIY Fall Feather Banner For Less Than $4

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to check in with a quick post about an update I made to our Fall mantle.  

In the original post I did about our fireplace mantle decorated for Fall, I didn't have this feather banner hanging but I did include it in our Fall Home Tour post...
  



It was super easy to make!  

 I took a thin piece of twine that I found in the Dollar Spot at Target and cut it to fit the length of our fireplace mantle plus an extra 6 inches.  Then, I tied double knots around these feathers, spaced out a little less than a foot apart.  I found the feathers on the feather/craft aisle in a package for $2.99 and was able to use a 40% off coupon!  Then I just attached the twine on either end to the top of the mantle and tada......





After finishing this banner, I had over half of the package left to have fun with so I stuck a few feathers in this pumpkin-urn arrangement and plan to attempt a fun little painting project with the remaining feathers...


I like how the feathers added a little something extra to complete our Fall decor! 


I'll be back soon with a home makeover project I've been working on for the last month.  

Remember, when life hands you lemons, turn them into something lovely!
-Marci 

Labels: , , , , , , , ,