A Few More Christmas Touches

Today I want to show you a few more pictures of some new Christmas decor I just put out around the house...


This is my first time to decorate our new sideboard since we didn't have it last year.  If you missed the post about this sideboard project you can read about it here.

The gold trees are from Paul Michael Co. and they were only $9.99!  I made the "Joy" and "Noel" moss letters myself from cardboard letters, sheets of moss, and hot glue all from Hobby Lobby.  The bowl in the middle is an old fashioned dough bowl from my favorite consignment store, Patina Interiors.  The pre-lit wreathe hanging on the map is from Pottery Barn after Christmas clearance sale a few years ago and the crown wreathe hanger that it is hanging on is from Paul Michael Co.  The wreathe hanger was originally brown and gold but I painted it with ASCP in Paris Gray.  The map hanging above the sideboard was a gift from a friend that I had framed.  I plan to do a separate post on this map later.  





To fill up this dough bowl, I used a combination of moss rocks from Dollar Tree (they come about 5 to a pack for $1!) various packs of gold ornaments, also from Dollar Tree (glitter, solid, striped), and some pine cones from outside.  

I made this banner myself with some scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby and cut the letters out on my Cricut machine that I got for Christmas last year.  Side note* I traced and cut out these triangle pendents on burlap myself but I saw the other day that Hobby Lobby sells a pack of pre-cut , burlap triangle pendants near the scrapbooking section!  I attached them to a piece of twine with the leftover raffia I had after making the photo ornaments a few years ago.  If you missed the post about making your own Christmas ornaments out of photos click here.  


This painting was done for us by Sallie Bynum Anzelmo right before we got married.  We got engaged in San Francisco and while we were there, my husband really liked a painting by Gerhard Richter at the SFMOMA and wanted to have it re-created for our house.  Of course we asked Sallie to do it because she is SO talented and can paint ANYTHING!  Gerhard Richter's original painting like this is called "Abstraktes Bild".  I just read that in 2012, it sold for $34 million dollars!


Every time I look at this painting, it reminds me of a very happy time!  A perfect example of how surrounding yourself with positive, "lovely" things (whether old or new, expensive or not) can make your life feel so lovely!

Remember, when life hands you lemons, turn them into something lovely!
-Marci 

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,