OUR VERY FIRST SPONSOR!!!

I'm so excited to be doing a feature post on our very first sponsor and my all time favorite consignment store, Patina Interiors!!!  




Patina is located on the service road of Hwy 190 in Covington, LA.  It is a 9,000 square foot consignment store full of very eclectic, second hand items ranging from furniture,  home furnishings, and home decor items.  I consign things and shop here regularly!!!  If you are looking to consign something, they prefer that you call first and/or send a picture to make sure that they have room for the item before you bring it in.  They accept items for consignment on Monday-Friday but if you do not live in the area and can only make it there on the weekend, they will work with you.  They have customers come from all over the south to shop and consign!  I see large moving vans, trailers, and U-Haul's there ALL the time!  If you are ever in the area, you should definitely stop by!

When consigning an item, the owners, Jeff and Dave will work with you until you are comfortable with a listing price.  Any information you can provide as to the history of the item, original price you paid, and place of purchase will be helpful. Their pricing works as follows...

Your item is listed at the selling price that you and the owner decide on for 90 days. 
If your item doesn't sell within the first 30 days, on day 31 it is marked down by 20%.  If the item still hasn't sold on day 61, the price is reduced to 40% of the original sale price.  On a select basis,  if after 90 days, the item doesn't sell, Patina may initiate to offer a second 90 day contract.  

You will receive 60% of the price at which the item sells.  

You can call or email them during this period to find out whether your item has sold. 
 985-892-3733
985-892-3731 (fax)
patinainteriors@bellsouth.net

 If you decide at anytime that you no longer want to sell your item, you may retrieve it without a penalty or fee.  You still own your item while it's in the store, until it is sold.  (I've done this before)  

Checks are given out on the 15th of every month for the previous calendar month's selling activity.  So in other words, if you sell an item in January you will collect your portion of the sale in February. The best part about consigning with Patina is that you can use the store credit from any items you have sold at ANY time!  So if you sell a bookshelf one day and that same day see a dinning room table that you like, you can use the money you made from the bookshelf and put it towards the purchase of the dinning room table!  This can get really fun!!!  

If you do not live in the area and are in the market for a particular item, you can call them with a description of what you are looking for and they will search the store for you.  If they have an item that meets your needs, they will send you pictures of it and figure out a way to get it to you if you would like to purchase!  They do not deliver personally, but they can provide you with the names and numbers of people who do provide this service.  


STORE HOURS
Monday – Saturday 10am – 6pm
Thursday 10am – 7pm
Sunday 12pm – 4:30pm


 Here are some pictures of items I have purchased at Patina before. Some I have refurbished some I have not...
This chandelier use to be brown and gold when I first got it from Patina.  I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  You can read about this project here
I stalked this piece at Patina for a month.  It's now our China Cabinet.  I painted it with CeCe Caldwell's Paint and switched out the glass for a screened in porch material.  You can read about this project here

We had been looking for an old fashioned dough bowl for YEARS when Patina called me and said they just got one in!  I told them I was looking for one so they kept an eye out for me!  I love to decorate it for the different seasons.  This picture was taken at Christmas time.  You can read our Christmas post here. 

The dough bowl sits on a sideboard that I also purchased from Patina.  You can read about the sideboard makeover here


Close up of the sideboard.  This is also a piece that the owners were watching for.  They called me with the dimensions and after a few other sideboards, we were finally able to find one the perfect size!  They get sideboard pieces like this in ALL the time.  
This giraffe was a "stroke of luck" find that my husband actually spotted at Patina one day while I was pregnant.  I was looking for a giraffe exactly this size that I could paint for our baby's nursery.  It use to be a dark brown leather with black spots.  I painted it with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.  You can read about this project here.  
This was one of my favorite recent projects!!!  I found this ottoman at Patina for around $40 and painted it!  You can read about this project here...

This is the twin headboard I bought for our guest room/office/playroom.  Patina has several of these at all times along the back hallway.
You can read about this Twin Headboard Makeover here


I have ALWAYS been able to find furniture and home accessories at Patina when I need them!!!  They have such a wide variety of inventory and its always growing and changing!!!  You can fill out a "wish list" when you go in there, or call ahead and tell them what you are looking for and they will keep an eye out for you!  They are really good about this!!!
I have saved SO much money buying second hand furniture and re-doing it verses purchasing brand new from a store or catalogue.  Plus, it's become very cathartic for me to paint, wax, stain, etc.  I love that each piece in our home has a story and has been repurposed specifically for our space.  
Follow them on Twitter @patinainteriors where they post new items that come in everyday.  
If you are ever in the area, you should definitely stop by Patina Interiors Consignment Store!   
Remember, when life hands you lemons, turn them into something lovely!
-Marci 













Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,