Styling Shelves with Homegoods Decor

Hello again, 

Today I have pictures to show you from my latest "styling" project!!!

 My friend Jenni (same Jenni whose office I decorated back in March.  If you missed that post click here) wanted to paint her media center and redo the decor inside the shelves as her summer project.  She sent me a "before" picture of the piece and asked what color to paint it...



I suggested Young Kansas Wheat by CeCe Caldwell's because it is my new favorite neutral paint color for furniture.  I painted my master bedroom, china cabinet, and back hallway piece with it and was very pleased!!!  They ended up mixing Young Kansas Wheat and Vintage White, both by CeCe Caldwell's.  The color is a tad lighter and it looks beautiful!!!  I also suggested that they paint the back, inside wall of the shelves a different and darker color so that the new decor would be more noticeable with a contrast.  For the inside, they used a color called Anonymous by Behr because it was leftover from another project.  When they were all done painting, I came over for the fun part!!!
Lastly, I suggested that Jenni take the doors off of the shelves so that her decor could be seen better and add more character and color to her living room.  

Here are some pictures of the shelves I styled for them.  ALL of the decor is from Homegoods...


RIGHT SHELF
I couldn't decide whether I liked the first shelf with or without the silver bowl? 
So I took a picture of both

The next 3 pictures are closeups of the right shelf...





By the end, I think I liked this shelf better without the silver bowl...


LEFT SHELF


The next 3 pictures are closeups of the left shelf...





LEFT AND RIGHT SHELVES TOGETHER...

I LOVE it that I can ALWAYS find fabulous accessories at Homegoods and their prices are SO affordable!  I have a very hard time not leaving with everything in there. 

Well that's it for today.  

Remember, when life hands you lemons, turn them into something lovely!
-Marci 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,